Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Some of the best wine aboard

Flying long haul flights can be very tiring, and a good wine can certainly go a long way in making the experience better. Sadly, many airlines do not serve quality wines on board (some don't serve wine/alcoholic drinks at all).

Recently, I had the experience of flying KLM, and trying the wine they have to offer. I flew economy class, and no drinks were offered by the flight crew. However, a friend of mine had asked me that KLM does serve wine when asked for.

The wine in economy class is a South African wine that goes by the name - "The Elements" (by Julian Schaal), and is one of the best wines I have had :) I went for the Cabernet Sauvignon (red wine), but KLM had a Cabernet Sauvignon Blanc to offer as well. Having tasted the wine, I speak highly of it always, and the wine is one of the major reasons I look forward to flying with KLM :) (It makes me want to buy tickets that are significantly more expensive). This wine is also available at the Schiphol wine bar, and I make it a point to get it when traveling.

I am not aware of drinks served by other carriers, but  few friends tell me that Turkish Airlines offers whiskey for their passengers flying coach. I cannot confirm this, but if they do; this might be a reason for me to spend my money on them...
Maybe someone can confirm this in the comments?

1 comment: