Sunday, January 25, 2015

OptionTown - Cheaper upgrades!

As many of you might be aware, I do not fly business often. I look for the cheapest of tickets, which means that the coach is generally the fare I travel on. However my travel with Jet Airways´ business class product from Mumbai (BOM) to Singapore(SIN) [trip report coming soon], has always made me look for cheap ways to upgrade.

It is true that upgrading with miles is always a great option and there are many ways of accumulating them. As I started collecting miles very recently, I currently do not have enough to upgrade my travel.

Needless to say, I have been looking for ways to upgrade. I recently stumbled across a website that claims to provide cheap upgrades on select airlines. OptionTown is a web service that helps travelers upgrade to business class seats at a quarter of the original cost. They work with a few airline partners, namely – Air India, Air Asia, AeroMexco, Adria Airways, SAS, Vietnam Airways, Cyprus Airways and Insel Airways.


OptionTown works by selling un-sold business class seats at a fraction of the original cost. However at the end of the year, when many of the frequent flyers are trying to fly business to earn more miles, there will not be many business class seats for OptionTown to sell.

However OptionTown can be useful if used consistently, especially during seasons when business class seats are available.


No comments:

Post a Comment